- What type of community is Summer House at Sunny View?
Sunny View is an award-winning designed memory care neighborhood serving residents with Alzheimer’s and related dementias. Within our 23 private accommodations are two fragrant gardens with pathways, a welcoming dining room with cozy fireplace and a sun-filled activity area – all in a home-like setting.
- What types of social opportunities are available to Summer House residents?
We have a variety of social opportunities and activities scheduled throughout the day. These activities are tailored to the specific needs of each resident. It’s Never 2 Late (iN2L), PARO and Dakim BrainFitness are unique technology enrichment programs to engage our residents.
- Do Summer House residents have access to the entire Sunny View campus?
Yes, Summer House residents are welcome to visit any common area on the greater Sunny View campus as long as they are escorted by a staff or family member. Often family members will take Summer House residents to lunch at in our main dining room, for walks around our garden areas, or to have their hair cut or styled at our on-site salon.
- What type of training has the staff received?
Our staff receive yearly and ongoing special dementia care training that exceed licensing requirements.
- Does your staff check on Summer House residents on a regular basis?
Residents are monitored 24 hours a day using the latest unobtrusive technologies. Staff also perform regular personal wellness checks as required by law.
- Are rooms private or semi-private?
Summer House at Sunny View features private accommodations with either a private or shared bath.
- Can family members visit Summer House residents whenever desired? Can family members take residents out of Summer House whenever desired?
Yes, with staff notification family members can come and visit as well as take Summer House residents out to enjoy other places and activities.